Tuesday 12 December 2006

Just Thoughts ~

Its 2am now... so I have insomnia. *psch!*...

As for music.. I like listening to good music... Any kind, if its good to my ears, I will favour it. But then it all depends on the mood. Wanted to say 'occassion' but then...... 'occassion' music usually depends on the mood too.. Really.

For me I would prefer jazz and blues. I like it ~ smooth, sensuous, cool, relaxing. Oh, I like other types of music too. But jazz & blues are like, 2am in the morning, listening to Katie Malua, Blues In The Night, or Tracy Chapman, At This Point In My Life, or Sade (my all time favourite singer!), Somebody Already Broke My Heart (no joke, its playing right now while I'm typing this!), very calming. I know its a bit, um.., low, but then to me its calming and make me think about a whole lot of things. HMMmmmm....


My favourite! when its raining outside, this is what I always do; a cup of hot coffee, a good book, soft jazzy or blues music in the background, sitting on my white sofa by the big open window.... The soft sound and smell of fresh rain, the coffee, the book, the music.... the atmosphere.... its like Heaven on earth... For those of you who have been to my place (picture), you know what it is like. You can imagine yourself having a rainy day at a place like mine. Beautiful isn't it...?

Yeah, you can call me a romantic... a true blue romantic. Believe it or not.. I am. I have to accept that I am one (saying this with laughter of disbelief that I've confessed, acknowledged it, at last!), just like any other girls out there. The only problem is, I don't usually show it or ask for it or hint or whatever other girls do to get it known.... I have a bad habit of holding back (maybe due to some reasons), what I truly wanted to do was ~ to hold, to caress, to kiss the hair at the nape, to give flutterfly kisses all over the face, the shoulders, the palm of the hands.... To touch lightly.., trailing.., explore the face with my fingertips; the curve of the brows, the bridge to the tip of the nose,.. the soft lips.., the chin.., the jawline..... and then kissing those soft lips....
....*sigh*....
heheheee... Nice right? Romantic? I know what to do. What need to be done. How it's to be done. What to say. These are advises I give to my friends. As for myself... I get stumped, can't even move, can't say the things I want to, can't express myself in any way about how I truly feel... thats when I am with the affection of my heart..... Well, back to the music!

Diana Krall is another favourite of mine. Imagine this! Bought 2 cds of hers and both are gone! Even my Red Hot Chilli Peppers - Californiacation, 2 of those, both dissappeared! My Alicia Keys, gone (went to her concert in 2004. She's pretty! Pretty HOT!)... Nevermind. Now, whatever cds I have, I save it in my pc. Not only will it be saved, I can use WMP to choose all the music I want to play at that moment. Oh! I listen to Portishead (too bad only 2 albums)... Ying&Yang, Gotan Project, MC Solar, Gorrillaz, The Streets, Duke Ellington (one of the best!), Michael Buble, Cold Play, Missy Elliot, Oasis, Quincy Jones, Simply Red, Metallica (went to their concert. All I can say is WOW!) Sting, Katie Melua, Louie Armstrong, Dean Martin, Barry White (*sigh*!!! the voice! the voice!), Chris Isaak, The Fugees (salute to them!), James Blunt, Kanye West, Lighthouse Family, Moby, U2, Black Eyed Peas, Fatboy Slim, Dido.... lots and lots more...

As you can see my taste in music is very diverse. Hey thats me... I even listen to some classical (thanks Uncle Halim & Sven, for introducing me to them) and a little bit of opera (thanks Sven, eventhough I don't understand but the vibe, volume, strong voice, of the singer.. wow!)
I'm going to start on my blog all the links to my favourite singers and bands websites (if I can find them or if they are available).

Yeah... I'm going to do all of that.

6 comments:

timdesuyo said...

Hey yo, sorry to jack your comments. I wanted to make sure you saw this. Regarding your comment on A Day In Pictures blog, I posted this:

How ever many photos you want. I don't know what hosting rules blogger has for photos, but if you use photobucket, you can put more photos in one post than you could possibly take in a day. Theoretically. I mean, I suppose, if you hooked up your digicam up to a really fast hard drive, and started firing of pictures at 8fps for 24 hours, you could probably max out photobucket, but if you can afford to do that, I'd like to borrow some of your gear.

If you need any help figuring out how to post pictures, I'd be happy to help. In order to "invite" you into the blog, I need your email address. Either email me (there is a link to my address on the blog) or comment again with your email in the comment. All comments need to be approved by me before anyone sees them, So I'll just delete that comment before anyone sees it but me.

Thanks, and welcome aboard! It's going to be fun!

timdesuyo said...

Ah. And nice blog, too :) I love rounders!

Anonymous said...

Love the site..

I like your music choices.. James Blunt, Louis Armstrong, Tracy Chapman, Duke Ellington, Michael Buble, all so GREAT!!!!

zwarte panther said...

hi tim,
yeah. as i've mentioned i like smooth as in curves, no bumps, no jaggedness, no pointy, just clean lines.
for the photo take on the 12th jan. i'm going to inform my friends about it. and i might need your help with the photos. yes i do have a webcam. no am not going to switch it ON, on that day. maybe i will go around and take pictures of what i see that catches my interest. how do i get the photobucket? sorry i'm new at this. the living picture was taken with my razr mobile phone. i move around to get the best lighting.

zwarte panther said...

Hey Ryan! so you like jazzy tunes too! cool. thanks for the compliments. any recommendations of singers that i should be listening to? that you think is good.
would you be interested in the photo take on 12th jan? can just be 1 photo from you. its like seeing thru eyes of others. what they are doing on that day, as we ourselves going on with our own. it will be very interesting.

timdesuyo said...

haven't gotten your email yet. mail me again. you can mail me at (the name of my personal blog)@(google's free email domain).com I'm excited to have you join us. I think we're going to stay away from timing this first time. There's a lot of people from all over (I have a girl who is mailing me pictures from Rwanda) and I don't know what they all have in mind. Maybe next time, we'll have a GMT standard on the pictures, or something like that...

Good idea though. I hadn't thought of it