Wednesday 29 November 2006

My Birthday Day (Supposed to be: Counting Down)

I've started off this post with these words ~ 'Its not about NYE as most of you will think.. It is about another year, another present becomes a past, memories, experiences. 11.25pm or 2325, in half an hour more, I will be turning 33. This year its going to be different. I am not out in any clubs or pubs to get intoxicated and make a fool of myself as the past few birthdays. My friends are coming over. My close, dearest friends. So this time, I am allowed to get intoxicated, make a fool of myself in anyway I want (except going skinny dipping infront of my sis and her bf), cry, laugh, play scrabble...' thats how far I get to type on the eve of my birthday. This was what actually happened;

I had the midnight countdown with Jacq (she's like a sister to me), a glass of vodka tonic. Only had a few sips and I don't want it anymore. Coffee next!!! Then came the text messages of well wishes from friends and family, everywhere. At 15mins to 0100, Julie, Didier and Aswad came over to my place to celebrate my birthday. We have drinks, snacks and watched VCD, The Weather Man (cool movie). Then a few rounds of Boggles (as usual in most word games, everyone were winners after I finished first ... heheheheee.. go ahead and hate me, you guys *winks*). Around 0230, Mave, Jacq's bf, came back from work and he is a really funny guy. All of us talked and laughed and joked and made fun of each other. It was fun! I love it! And the best thing is ~ I AM SOBER! Amazing!... Around 0330, we have MacDonald's. Yum! Yum! Lekker gud! The best supper I have ever had!!! (besides carrot cakes in Newton after partying at 0600.. Julie, I missed our carrot cakes supper!!). Julie, Didier and Aswad left around 0430 - 0500, when Julie just can't keep her eyes open anymore but she still have a big smile on her beautiful face. That leaves me, Jacq and Mave, still wide awake and hyper, soooooo.. we went for a swim in the pool. More laughters, making jokes, a few canonballs and chilling out at the pool. A wonderful start for my birth day!

This is for my friends who came to my place and for those who sent me text messages of birthday wishes! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! I love all of you! Especially Jacq & Julie. I can never say enough thank yous and I do not know how to repay you two crazies for what you have done. You gals were there when I'm in need. Gave me advices and be there, no matter what my decisions were. Right or wrong, you gals are there in the background. You gals are nuts, man!!! Hahahahaaaaa!!!!! Oh yeah so am I.. Love you all!

This year I've learnt more of life and I know what really I want.....

No comments: